Password of your Airport Express needs to be changed after a regular interval of time especially if all the staff members know your express password. In order to protect the network or devices from unauthorized persons, it is good to change the password time to time. Today, we are going to suggest the steps to change the password on the Airport Express. We have bought the steps which are simple and easy to understand. So, you can implement the steps without requiring support from any other source.
Steps to change the password:
- Go to the ‘Airport Utility’ option.
- Click on ‘Airport’ icon. This icon is available on the top of the settings menu.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the current password followed by the new password. Your password should be different from the current password and must contain special characters and numbers.
- It should be a minimum of 8 characters. We want to mention here that password we are talking of is a password required to connect the iPad or other Apple devices to the Airport.
- Click on ‘Edit’.
- Click on ‘Base station’. If you click on ‘Base station’, you will find the guest mode there. Click to disable it. Double check to disable Guest mode. Guest mode is used when you want to grant access to the network to the guests available at the airport. You must check that the hardware devices running on Wi-Fi must not connect to any other Wi-Fi resource. If any other source is available, then this may interfere with each other.
- In the password field, enter a new password. If told to verify, enter it again. If you are getting green checkmarks on both the fields, then it means the password matched successfully. You can now use this password to connect the Airport Express.
- Click ‘Done’.
Note: It’s important to keep the password noted at some place or in notepad. In case you forget it, you can easily retrieve from here. There is no need to reset or recover a password if you forget it.
- You will be prompted to update the information. Click on ‘Yes’ to confirm it. Airport utility will send the report to the device informing about the password change. This may take some minutes.
- Now, when you connect your iPad to the network, you will be asked to enter the new password the next time. Try login to the Airport express.
We hope the steps discussed above will help you in resetting or changing the password. If you have any doubt or still need any information, then you can go to the support page and talk to experts. They have a thorough knowledge of each and every device. With Apple Airport Express, you can create wireless internet access anywhere-at home in a hotel room or just above the place where you need a speedy and reliable connection. It also offers you to enjoy all sorts of media goodies on different devices and extend the range of wireless network.