Apple is a renowned company that is popular for developing amazing things. Apple Airport Express is among those amazing devices.
Now, you may or may not know that you can use the Airport Express as AP and music player as well. You can use this device as an Airplay device even.
However, if you are having a problem with the Apple Airport Express connectivity, then here are some steps to fix the problem.
Apple Airport Express not working:
- First of all, restart your router and the modem and wait for 5 mins.
- Now, connect to the internet and check if it is working or not.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected to the modem and to the Express router.
- If the problem still exists, then check the lights on the Airport Express.
- If all the above-mentioned steps don’t work for you, then you can soft or hard reset the Apple Airport.
Resetting of Apple Airport Express
Before performing a reset function, we recommend you to check the internet connection. There are basically three types of reset you can perform on your Airport Express. These are:
- Soft Reset: Turn on the device and with the help of pen or paper clip, press the reset button from the back of the device. Pressing this button will remove all the settings and password for 5 min. You can now change the password or the channel.
- Hard Reset: This is totally different from factory reset so don’t get confused. When you hard reset the device, all the settings will be set to default and the data will remain saved. Power on the Airport Express and press the reset key with the paper clip or pen nib for 20 seconds. Now restart the Airport Express.
- Open Airport Utility App from Mac app sections or from windows screen on the desktop. Be sure that you are using the latest version of this app. If the app version is not latest, then you may get issues with the router. You can check the latest version of the app from the Apple website.
- After installing the latest version of the app, click to launch it and start setting up the AirPort Express using this. Now the Airport Express will work fine after a fresh installation of the app. The AirPort utility app is available online on the web browser as well as on the Apple official app store.
If the problem still exists, then it is recommended to perform a factory reset on your device. This will, however, delete all the data and settings but will surely fix the problem.