If you want to build the Apple wireless audio system for your home, then you need an iTunes app, AirPort Express, computer, and iPhone. If all these pre-requisites are available, then you can move forward after getting assistance from the steps mentioned on the link.
In premium or elite homes, you will find wireless home audio systems where all the speakers are wirelessly controlled through a single remote. These systems produce terrific sound with some obstructions like walls or ceilings within.
Here, we are going to discuss a technique by using which you can save thousands of dollars required for punching holes in the ceilings and walls by hiring a contractor. Similar audio can be framed by using iTunes and Wi-Fi at much fewer dollars.
With the help of iTunes and AirPort Express base station, you can produce sound output through speakers connected to the same wireless network to which the iTunes is connected.
Now, we are going to discuss the details of the hardware required for this process:
- A Wi-Fi network with proper speed.
- One AirPort express for a single set of speakers. If you have more than one room or sets of speakers, then you need more express to connect to them. Yes, if your speakers support Wi-Fi or Airplay feature, then you can avoid using AirPort Express.
- Speakers: You can select any speakers. Rest it all depends on the quality and output. One standard audio jack which looks similar to the headphone jack. If speakers require external power, you must place them close to the power outlet. Nowadays, battery-powered speakers are also in trend.
- iPhone or iPod touch which must be updated and work as a remote.
Software requirements include:
- iTunes 4.6 or higher.
- Mac OS with 10.4 or higher and in case of windows OS, XP or Vista is preferred.
- Remote, it is a name of the app available online on the App store. You can also use substitutes of remote control programs to make it remote free.
How to set up a wireless home audio system?
- After fulfilling the hardware and software requirements, you are good to go further. Make sure that the computer is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Click ‘Setup AirPort Express’ from the link to stream music from a particular room or to which the speakers are connected.
- Connect the speakers to the Airport Express through minijack and a cable. Place the speakers at a convenient place.
- Install a remote app on your iPhone or iPad whichever you are using from the app store. This app is available for free to download.
- From iTunes, select the preferences of the software to search for remote speakers with Airplay. You will not find this option in the latest version of iTunes. This setting is auto-enabled in the newer versions and you don’t need to do it manually.
How to use a wireless home audio system?
- Open iTunes on a computer and click on ‘AirPlay’ from the bottom of the screen. Click on ‘Airport Express’ from the name list. Select any single track you want to play on your wireless speakers.
- There is an option to stream the same music on more than one AirPort Express simultaneously. This is accessible from ‘Multiple speakers’ section under Airport Express menu.